What do you think affect your health the most? Obviously, it’s the microbes, “Tiny particles cause huge problems”. This universal law even holds true for your beautiful sweet home. Tiny particles like dirt and molds cause a massive damage to your home not only by depleting its beauty, but weakening its strength. For example molds which are mainly a part of the natural ecosystem turn into a problem when the mold spores floating in air land on a wet or damp spot at your home and begin to grow. Molds and dirt at your home can cause numerous health problems like allergic reactions including sneezing, hay fever symptoms, skin rash and red eyes, and can even causes asthma attacks.
Thus it is an urgent call to save and restore your house’s sanity by protecting it from molds and dirt. Let us see all the possible scenarios and how restoration is done effectively in each of the scenario along with your personal safety.
Tackling the problem at its origin:
Any problem when started is always very small like when the area affected by mold is very less (within 10 square feet), it can be handled by yourselfto save you from bigger cost and work tensions. So follow the below steps to tackle a small area dirt and mold problem.
- 1st seal off the affected area from the rest of your home.Cover your furniture along with heat registers and ventilation ducts. Open the windows before you start cleaning it up.Bag all moldy materials you want to discard.
- Scrub all affected hard surfaces by effective ingredients like bleach and water solution, tea tree oil, etc.
- Give all the exposed areas a good cleaning covering vacuum floors, wash bedding and clothes.Run the washable items in a hot-water load and do not combine with any fabrics that have not been contaminated. You can also relegate the mold affected porous materials to the curb.
Once the entire surface is properly cleaned, keep the air dry by running a dehumidifier in all affected areas.
Facing a daunting challenge:
It is never late to mend your way. Even if the problem is big that is you have a huge area affected by mold and dirt, you can deal with them by hiring a professional to clean up the affected areas.
Safety: Everyone’s prime concern:
You, me and everyone is concerned about our and our near and dear one’s safety and good health, while dirt and mold are prime creator of health hazards. So during a restoration when these hazards will be high in atmosphere, we need to take a few precautionary measures which are:
- Protect yourself by wearing goggles, gloves, and breathing protections while cleaning the area. For large areas of mold growth, use an OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) approved particle mask.
- If you have allergies, consult a health professional before starting cleanup.
It is always a wonderful experience to live in a healthy and charming house. So restore your house and get rid of mold and dirt to make your house healthy as in a healthy house resides a healthy family.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Today’s guest post is contributed by Kenneth Murray. He is a talented blogger who writes on a wide variety of topics. He recommends the Prospectus Builders, a Massachusetts-based mold remediation company, to repair and restore your house.